Bethel-Malakasa VISIT BETHEL AND THE ASSEMBLY HALL OF MALAKASA
- It will be a pleasure to visit the Greece branch office! Brief history of the Greece Bethel:
1922: The first office to oversee the preaching work in Greece was opened on Lombardou Street in Athens.
1946: The small Bethel family transferred to 16 Tenedou Street and just a few years later to 4 Kartali Street.
1978: A three-story building had been built to accommodate Bethel at 77 Kifissias Avenue, in Maroussi, a northern suburb of Athens.
1991: Later, the printery needed to be expanded, so a piece of land was purchased in Eleonas, 70 kilometers to the north of Athens. However, when other European branches began printing for the Greek field, it was possible to sell the Eleonas property.
1998: In June, the entire Bethel family returned to the Marousi facilities, which had been renovated.
2018: The branch is transferred south, close to the Port of Pireaus. We believe that your visit to the Greece branch will be a rewarding one.
Brief history of the Assembly Hall in Malakasa:
In 1977 the brothers bought about 13 acres [5 ha] of forest land some 22 miles [35 km] north of Athens. In a most beautiful area of mountains and pine forests, the Malakasa Assembly Hall, with a seating capacity of 1,800, was built. It has a special feature - the sliding walls can open up to accommodate as many as 3,500 persons. On the adjoining grounds, there is room enough to hold district conventions; as many as 20,000 have attended special gatherings there. In 1999, the facilities had been renovated.